Well, what you are seeing is MOLD…….. Even if you don’t see it when you squeeze it…cut it open and you will be amazed of what’s growing inside that cute rubber ducky.
I cut open one of my squirty toys and look what I found, GROSS! Mold built up inside from the scum and bath water.
So how do you get rid of it???????
AVOID THE MOLD: Glue gun the holes on those squirty toys and that will stop the gross mold from growing. This only works on a new pack of squirty toys. I wish I would have thought of this when I bought my kids toys because I ended up throwing them away.
CLEAN WEEKLY OR MONTHLY: Martha Stewart suggests in her cleaning tip to clean the toys in one part hot water, one part distilled vinegar and a few drops of dish soap. Vinegar dissolves soap scum while dish soap removes dirt. Soak the toys for 10 minutes and use an old toothbrush to help clean them, if necessary. Rinse the toys in warm water and let dry completely.
CLOROX BLEACH: Another way to clean the squirty toys is mix ¾ cups of Clorox® Regular-Bleach per gallon of water. Soak pre-washed toys 5 minutes. Rinse and let air dry. Make sure you rinse it out a few times to get the bleach out of the toys.
BATH TOY MESH BAG: The best way to store your toys is in a mesh bag where it gets air to dry and drain out the toys. This is A MUST because this can prevent mold from forming in your toys. They need to get dried and aired out.
I hope these tips help you get the mold out of those squirty toys. I am so glad there is a way to get rid of the gross mold. Please share any other tips you have!Powered by Sidelines