Mickey Mouse birthday parties are always popular with the kids and my son was really into Mickey Mouse Clubhouse at the age of 1 so that’s what we decided to make as the theme for his first birthday. Here are some of the cool things we did to make his party one he will never forget..well he was only 1, but the parents want it to be special of course.
For the color theme, I went with the basic black, red and white. The main food tables had black table clothes and the dessert table had a bright red table cloth. Our highlight was the Mickey centerpiece made out of foam balls, black cloth and glitter.
- Chicken Salad Sandwiches w/ Grapes & Almonds
- Veggie Bars (open face sandwich)
- Bow Tie Pasta Salad
- Spinach, Strawberry and Almond Salad
- Pin Wheels
- Dips in Bread Bowls w/ Pita bread for dipping
- Mickey shaped peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- Mickey shaped carrot & cream cheese sandwiches
- Ants on a log
- Cheese Balls in cupcake liners – The kids loved this
- Mickey Fruit Skewers
- Mickey Jello Molds – If your party is outdoor, make sure you place these under an ice tray as they melt very quickly
- Chocolate Covered Pretzels with Sprinkles
- Berries in Mini Cupcake liners
- Sugar Cookie Pops
- Trail Mix in ice cream cones
Since it was a one year old birthday party the activities needed to be very simple and ones that did not require too much concentration. Here are the activities we had for the kids.
- Dressed up Mickey Mouse that did a ton of activities with the kids including music, dancing, bubbles and stickers
- Parachute – Always a great addition where kids from all ages can enjoy
- Tunnels – Having random tunnels for the kids to crawl through was something super easy but entertaining for the little ones
- Pinata filled with school supplies – We ended up getting a pinata with strings so the little ones can pull the strings and the older ones can hit the pinata to break it
I really wanted to do something that the kids could use rather than giving them small toys and decided on these classic Mickey bowls. I love it because when we go to our friends houses we see them using them all the time, feels good to give a gift that people will be able to use!
Parents a little secret, a lot of grocery stores give you a free smash cake if you order your child’s first birthday cake from there also We went with a simple white cake as we didn’t want red or black dye all over Ayven when it was time to eat cake.
Hope you had as much fun planning your kid’s first birthday as I did! If you have any other cool ideas for a Mickey Mouse theme…I would love to hear them!
Also a big THANK YOU to our awesome photographer for taking these pics: Leylla Bandeanlou at Imagery with Impact: www.imagerywithimpact.com