So school has started for my 6 year old today and now its back to the good old grind and routine! That does not mean we were not on a routine over the summer, but we were just a little more of “go with the flow”, but now with school starting it’s hard to do that, so I have been gathering recipes and planning out my week for dinners. I made this over the summer for my family and they enjoyed it so much that I am adding it to my weekly dinners. Hope you will enjoy it as much as my family and I did!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 10-12 turkey pepperoni or crumbled sausage
- 1 cup of part skim shredded mozzarella cheese and 2% cheddar cheese
- 1 can of pizza sauce any brand of your choice or can make your own from scratch
- ½ cup of chopped onions
- ½ cup of chopped spinach
- boiled whole wheat spaghetti
- Flatten chicken to ¼-in. thickness. Lay chicken flat and place few slices slices of pepperoni or crumbled sausage or both and sprinkle cheese. Roll up tightly; Spoon 1 cup of pizza sauce in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Place the rolled chicken on top of the sauce and sprinkle cheese, onions and spinach..
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and the cheese is melted.
There you have it! A simple and easy recipe for you to add in your weeknight dinners! I guarantee your family and friends will love it! The best thing about this recipe is that you can alter it to your taste and likes the whole family will enjoy!
P.s I love to add spice to my italian food so I always sprinkle crushed red peppers onto my chicken roll up and also some jalepenos.. yummy!